Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Community Service Reflection-Henry Fortenbaugh

1.  Today we did a variety of different activities at the InnVision Shelter for veterans.  As a group we weeded, planted, picked up garbage, and tidied up the property.  We basically cleaned up the facility and made the environment much more friendly.  

2.  My favorite experience of the day was removing all of the weeds from the garden.  I thought this was fun because I love plants, and I liked how we had an opportunity for a hands on experience.  

3.  Today I didn't discover anything in particular about myself, but I realized how fun it was to help others.  I enjoyed the entire day as a whole, and I thought the experience was enriching as a whole.  I felt very emotional when one of the veterans said he was thankful for our services, and his words reminded me of why I was pulling weeds.  

4.  In the future, I believe that I will help more people.  Helping people is a win win experience, as others are better off and I am left with a sense of happiness and accomplishment.  I love helping other people, and overall, helping people is very rewarding and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment