Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Darcy's Reflection


1. Today we volunteered at the Veteran's Hoptel. We took care of their garden by planting vegetables and flowers, trimmed bushes, raked leaves, watered plants and deadheaded flowers. We planted lettuce, cauliflower, basil, cilantro and brussel sprouts. We also cleaned windows and picked up trash at the end of the street. I think the people there appreciated the work we did a lot because it just makes the house feel more like a home.

2. My favorite part was planting the vegetables just because it was fun and unlike what we normally do.

3.  When we were picking up trash behind the road where many homeless people lived, we saw a lot of clothes, bags and bottles along with a broken tv. I realized that there was so much trash that people just lived in, and it made me more appreciative of what I have. 

4. In the future I will think more about where homeless people come from and how they all have a story like being in the army, or just having bad luck, and that they are normal people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment